• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion
    “She might,” Moira replies, but she says the words with doubt. “But I like that you are charming. The smile she gives him after is also charming, and manages to convey a rather clear ‘and isn’t that more important than what my mother might want?’

She is soon enraptured in what he has to tell of Loess, and its short plants and large sky. A large sky is important for a sun and his moon sister, Moira thinks, so it is fitting that they settle there. She has never considered the size of the sky in Ischia, and reminds herself to check when she returns.

“Those sound really cool,” she tells him, “Maybe I can come swim in them someday?”

At his question, she shakes her head with amusement. ”I live in the coral reefs of Ischia! she says with a laugh, and unlike her voice, that sound does not need modification to be pleasant above the waves.

“I definitely don’t live at the bottom of the ocean!” The thought of being at the true Bottom, in the blackness where the sea floor sinks into shadows, makes an involuntary shudder run down her golden spine. She is a creature of the shallow seas - it is her sister and her kraken glow who swims in the Depths.

Moira prefers the bright colors and warm waters of the tropical shallows, and she is rarely away from them long. These conversations with Helion have been an exception, and though she has found she dries rather quickly in his company, Moira does not mind the sensation.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion - by Moira - 07-12-2021, 04:58 PM