• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion
    That Moira likes that he is charming is the more important thing, and his silver eyes dance at this response - clearly pleased with it even though he also knows not to underestimate mothers. Especially if Moira’s was anything like his own.

Though he had been distracted by other thoughts before he could invite Moira to come check out the various waters Loess had to offer, she brings it up and he is eager to agree - already thinking that he could introduce her to Cressida and then all three of them could have some fun. Or maybe Cressida would just “You definitely should!” There didn’t seem to be too many others that swam around in the Loess waters - just the occasional dip - and they could use some proper swimming, now that he thought about it. Plus it would be a good excuse to see more of Moira and that was definitely something this young boy would like.

Even though it had mostly been joking about the bottom of the ocean, he's glad that Moira laughs at his quesetion and that she doesn't live down there. He wouldn't be able to visit her if she did! “I guess it would be pretty dark down there. And you’d be farther away from the sun.” His bright grin makes it pretty clear which sun he's talking about (the best one).

He's not sure what a coral reef looks like but he's picturing sunny waters since she said it wasn't the depths, so he gets there anyway. And thinking about water encourages another thought - still spoken with a bright grin as he looks at her. “I’ve been practicing my swimming, you know. Just in case you try to drown me again.”

HELION

@Moira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion - by Helion - 07-23-2021, 01:58 PM