• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i cannot wait for you to come home | sickle
    Sickle is practically radiating with excitement, her small paws dancing in place when this friend smiles after her question - the anticipation causing her coat to flicker with shades and markings of various animals. It snaps back into iridescent blue and black when the jungle around them vanishes and they are in canyons, and then some insanely tall trees. She’s a little disappointed when they’re back in the Tephran jungle again, but only a little.

Those mismatched eyes are bright with amazement. He explains that it had just been a trick of her eyes, but that doesn’t make it any less magnificent to her. “Wow! That’s SO cool!!”

Her ears perk right up at the idea of going to go see those places for real. She’s seen a little bit outside of Tephra - the meadow and the forest, both places were interesting but she knows there’s a great big world out there. And surely, surely if there was ever someone she would be safe with, it would be a friend of the family, right? It'd be just like going with one of her uncles.

The mention of her brother delights Sickle and she’s already up on her four feet again, intending to go rush off and drag Malik from wherever he was currently napping and bring him on this exciting trip. Wouldn’t their mom be so amazed once they got back!

But these thoughts are so easily swayed by the next suggestion - her eyes dancing with a mischievous glee. “Oh, let’s go now! I wanna have some stories to tell Malik when we get back, he’ll be so jealous. And my friend Aeson will be too so let's go quick before they wanna join.” She thinks how fun it will be to find her sun-warm friend and be able to spin him some fascinating tales.

She steps closer, her eagerness putting a bounce in her step that matches her wild grin. “Where are we gonna go first?”

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i cannot wait for you to come home | sickle - by Sickle - 06-22-2021, 08:48 PM