• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  heaven i'll never come home; any

now i don't know who i've become
    and another day breathes
    tearing at the seams
    and i hope i don't come undone

She is approached by not one, but two strangers. They are both adults and yet both of them feel younger than her, fresher and less lifeworn. It’s a ridiculous thought, she cannot know anything about them, she just feels so weary and wary lately. It should not surprise Aloy to attract the attention of two separate individuals. She attracts attention everywhere, and even her charming demeanor cannot usually put it off. The roan stallion is the first arrival, and Aloy eyes him carefully.
    “Good question.” She replies but says nothing to immediately elaborate, giving her head a shake and resettling her wings while her green eyes flick to the palomino who has joined them. She too is in possession of unearthly beauty, and she wonders how often that trait, that unusual and inescapable appeal shows up in Beqanna. What does this little mare do with her gift? Wields it one way or another, no doubt.

Aloy wants very suddenly to get this over with.

“My name is Aloy. I don’t want to be here but I need somewhere to live. That’s all. I don’t need help.” She bristles, tucking her chin, sunlight glittering over her golden freckles as she moves. She should already have a home and people to come back to, but she had been little more than the evidence of all her mother’s mistakes in the end. There is no one out there waiting for her to come home, wondering what she has grown into. Having come to terms with that far younger than had been fair means she doesn’t want help now, just a place to belong and try to blend safely into. Drawing a deep breath and letting it leave her in a sigh she makes some effort to smooth things over. “I appreciate the sentiment, but I need nothing from anyone. Just a place to go. Where are the two of you from?”

Aloy

@Oren @Aela

Messages In This Thread
    heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 06-20-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 06-23-2021, 04:03 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 06-23-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 07-25-2021, 09:17 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-13-2021, 09:11 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-15-2021, 08:10 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 08-16-2021, 02:12 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-26-2021, 07:50 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-27-2021, 02:54 PM