• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  heaven i'll never come home; any
    In Oren's life, nothing much had happened to make him mature. He's grown up, sure, and then stopped ageing. And while he stopped ageing, he never stopped being his joyous, curious self - naive if you will. It makes him appear younger than the summers he counts, while simultaneously such an estimate would not be very wrong; years do not give a very good estimate to one's personality, that is.

When the young mare says it's a good question, he does expect an equally good answer, but alas, she leaves it at that. This is a new thing for Oren, used to asking fifty-and-some questions in one conversation and getting, well, about an equal amount of answers. Or different sorts of answers, as well.

Aloy's is... well, different for sure. As Aela claims the attention of both conversationalists, he finally receives the answer to his question although he isn't quite sure she meant it as an answer to him. The gold-marked roan studies both mares, finding a likeness in the flaxen chestnut he cannot place entirely; perhaps in body, then certainly not in nature, or vice versa? Hmm - he almost allows himself to drift off, and with a barely visible shake of his head he focuses back on the conversation at hoof. "I'm Oren. My home is Taiga," he states, nodding vaguely north-west from the Field. "If giant trees, crystals and mushrooms, and the air of mystery are your thing, you might just like it there." His eyes sparkle a little - he has always liked exploring those woods, and finding yet another new thing when passing through a previously same spot. His ears perk forward towards the mare now that she is more into answering mode, and fires another question her way - he could keep going, but at the very least he has learned to ask them one at a time. "Do you seek to join a kingdom and gain ranks, or just a place to call home?" After all, it's important to know if she's here with ambitions, or none at all. Not that he minds, but his recommendations highly depend on it.

@Aloy @Aela Sorry I'm late!

Messages In This Thread
    heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 06-20-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 06-23-2021, 04:03 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 06-23-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 07-25-2021, 09:17 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-13-2021, 09:11 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-15-2021, 08:10 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 08-16-2021, 02:12 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-26-2021, 07:50 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-27-2021, 02:54 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 09-05-2021, 01:25 PM