• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  heaven i'll never come home; any

now i don't know who i've become
    and another day breathes
    tearing at the seams
    and i hope i don't come undone

Aela and Oren are not offended by her manners. Good. She isn't interested in standing in the field soothing the delicate emotions of others. Taiga. Pampas. She knows the first, since it shares a border with Hyaline. Brilliant Pampas is unfamiliar, she has never been to the south nor does she know anything about the people that live there.
    No, she remembers, you don't know about anyone anymore.

It's a strange feeling, being home and surrounded by foreign faces and ways. She imagines that she should feel returned and comfortable but it's like coming back to a mirror world with everything unsettling and backwards. Not because it is, but because nothing is ever as one imagines it to be.

"Tell me what purpose guides your peoples. Oren asks if I would climb the ranks, Aela you suggest I need not choose a quiet life if I do not desire to. What is it that you want, that your leaders want for your lands?"

She remembers her mother's beautiful ideas, forgotten and faded away. Does Kensa still have those same dreams, wherever she is? Does she wish for the thrills of chaos and passion anymore? Aloy, once again, cannot imagine this. It's been too long since she has seen her fallen dam, and she is too unlike her to try and climb inside her head.

"Whatever home I choose, I know that it's politics and ideas will alter my life… even if I come there only to live and nothing more." Aloy resettles her wings, tipping her antlered head to study her two companions as they formulate their replies.

Aloy

@Oren @Aela

Messages In This Thread
    heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 06-20-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 06-23-2021, 04:03 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 06-23-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 07-25-2021, 09:17 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-13-2021, 09:11 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-15-2021, 08:10 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 08-16-2021, 02:12 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-26-2021, 07:50 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-27-2021, 02:54 PM