• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  heaven i'll never come home; any

Aloy is direct in a way that she can appreciate. The slender palomino has no particular interest in idling in the Field long, and she likes the bluntness that the other mare questions both she and Oren. If the Pampas is not what she is seeking, she should arrive at that decision quickly enough. So the gold-striped mare tilts her head in the direction of the young stallion and listens as he explains that Taiga is a place for family.

That it was a stronghold, and Aela wonders if he has noticed just how many times that she has slipped past their borders on her visits to Nerine.

"The Pampas is a territory under the kingdom of Loess," Aela starts, once Oren had finished speaking his piece. "We are a court striving for the bold and beautiful." Her blue eyes linger on Aloy - on her flaxen mane, on the gold marbling her sides, on her elegant wings - and her expression makes it known that the other female would easily fall into the latter group. But she doesn't doubt that the obvious beauty of the other female is her only strength, just as it is not Aela's.

There was always so much more than what meets the eye, and that is what she dreams for the Pampas.

And then Aela's gaze sharpens, because while she wants the wildflower court to gain a reputation for its residents to be as lovely as its flowers, she wants those residents to take part in the shaping of it. She wants the powerful to come, those with unusual traits, so that they might all benefit in learning how unique powers might create different outcomes. How they might bend and play with Magic, much like the gods on their Mountain bend and play with fate. "We would have our residents do as they please. If they want a quiet life, they are welcome to it. But if our politics and ideals aren't shaping to what they wish, we would have them help us create the home they want."

@Aloy

Messages In This Thread
    heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 06-20-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 06-23-2021, 04:03 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 06-23-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 07-25-2021, 09:17 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-13-2021, 09:11 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-15-2021, 08:10 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 08-16-2021, 02:12 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-26-2021, 07:50 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-27-2021, 02:54 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 09-05-2021, 01:25 PM