• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to the lonely sea and sky; cheri
    "Cheri," Loess' Queen greets the younger woman with warmth as she comes to rest beside her, Oceane's search for the evening complete. She peers out over the small creek that splits the canyons in two, her voice low and full of nostalgia as she continues to address her charge. "I thought that I would find you here. Can you believe that it's been nearly a year since you joined us?" Had she taught her enough? Would her father be pleased at the progress she had made, in the months she had spent shadowing and learning and exploring? Oceane thinks of her own sons, takes a moment to silently consider how she would feel if they were in the position that Cheri is now in. She would be proud, she knows -- and still she doubts her own abilities to teach.

"Are you still happy here, Cheri?" the question rises swiftly from Oceane, catching herself unawares. She had not intended for this conversation to be so introspective. Her amber gaze turns to her companion beneath the amethyst skies of twilight as she awaits her answer. And when it is finally given, Oceane clears her throat and continues with a gentle nod. "I ask because it's my wish that you eventually take my place. As the South's Queen." Her stomach flutters at her own wish, though her powers do not grant her the ability to make such a decision for someone else. Her magic as a genie can only go so far, and the option to remove free will does not fall in her grasp. But oh, how she wishes it did.

There is much more that she has in store for Cheri this evening - but first, she waits to see where the young woman's head rests. Not everyone yearns to don the crown, and should Cheri find herself unwilling to bear the weight of the Southern Kingdom, Oceane will need to begin her search once more.

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Oceane - 06-22-2021, 08:09 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Cheri - 06-22-2021, 09:36 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Oceane - 06-24-2021, 06:45 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Cheri - 06-28-2021, 11:38 AM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Oceane - 07-27-2021, 09:49 AM