• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  It's been awhile since I first saw you
    It's blearily that I raise my head from my pillow of matted leaves. Crimson and gold scatter about as the scar-woven lengths of my body lift from where I'd been sleeping (healing), blood still an ugly red-brown stain on my skin. It sticks to my hair in crusty clots, darkening the locks and gluing them to my neck. 

I am, without doubt, a mess. 

A whine of anxiety peals from me, the disarray growing with every moment. So much blood. And it's everywhere, not just on me, but splashed about the leaves and earth in black stains. Is it all mine? Woozy, cottony space fills my head, forcing me away from the ghastly scene. Forcing me down into some secret part of me, where blood and pain and truth can't reach. 

I heard them. That's what woke me up, after all, that resounding call that echoed through the trees. Visitors, I believe. A genial smile illuminates my stained features, brightening the thinness of my face. Oh, but this won't do, not one bit! No, this is not how one greets their guests. 

With a glimmer of concentration, I purse my lips and think. No time for a bath, not in any realistic fashion. A cover up, then! My back turned on the wreckage of the grove, I step towards the origin of the cry, my skin darkening as I go. 

By the time I come upon them, my coat is darkest maroon, a clever trick if I do say so myself! Smiling impishly, I come to a halt at the edge of the woods, as neatly put together as I can be on such short notice. 

"Hello there!" I chime, taking in the elegant pair and their averted eyes. "What brings y'all to my neck of the woods?" It is my neck, I do know that much. These woods, these trees, are all I've loved. They are mine to the day I die, and then they'll be mine again when I return. 

@Obscene @Aela

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It's been awhile since I first saw you - by Sabra - 06-23-2021, 08:07 PM