• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is going to bring me clarity
    mazikeen
    Mazikeen does not have a second to think about this new trick of Gale’s, the one that has them appear in Taiga in the blink of an eye. Her head is spinning from the events that have already transpired tonight, memories of teeth against her throat and an easing of her obedience. It is good to have something else to focus on, even though she is queasy with both the fact that Bolder is who she had first thought of and what they are here to do.

A small smile appears in her orange eyes and she hopes the boy will recognize her even though she is a dark, winged panther crowned with glowing horns. She’s about to greet him when Gale turns to her and speaks. She shoots him a murderous look - letting him know that he should keep his mouth shut - before she focuses on Bolder.

It is not hard for that smile to return, her memories of their shiting lesson by the lake are fond ones and she had wanted to see him again. And she had hoped, too, that since he was a familiar face the handling of the ransom might go easier.

“Hey, Bolder.” Now she gestures to the lion at her, as though this is any other visit. There are burning markings down her back still, though she knows only Gale will recognize what they mean. “This is your uncle, Gale.” Mazikeen feels disconnected from the friendly tone of voice she’s using, from how easy it is to pull on this mask in front of the now-yearling. She refrains from describing her companion as anything that begins with the word 'my'. Her relationship with Gale had been confusing to define a year ago and it had only gotten steadily worse and worse.

Mazikeen's never tried to kidnap someone before but she knows this boy, and thinks it'll be easier if he knows who they both are - and maybe, just maybe, he will come willingly. “I’d like for you to come back to Hyaline with us, okay? We can practice some more of your shifting. Gale's pretty good at it too.” Sadness and revulsion threaten to break the easy manner with which she's speaking as she gestures for Bolder to join them. She doesn't know how close he has to be for Gale to take them out of here, or if they'll need to leave the old-fashioned way. She's just hoping they won't have to physically grab him in order to finish what they've started.

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to bring me clarity - by Gale - 06-24-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by Mazikeen - 06-24-2021, 08:46 PM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by Yanhua - 06-25-2021, 09:03 AM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by Noel - 06-25-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by bolder - 06-26-2021, 02:14 PM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by Leah - 07-02-2021, 09:45 AM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by Gale - 07-02-2021, 01:01 PM