• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

Where Aela had long used her feminine wiles and ability to manipulate emotions to get what she wished, Reave had used a reckless sort of bluntness. He had never seen the point in beating around the bush or dancing circles of words around what he was truly seeking. Even when he did not know what it was, he had never had qualms about saying so. Aela might scoff, but it has served him well. And it had given him guardianship of a territory at the tender age of two.

He is hungry, and he has never been afraid of it.

Perhaps that is the draw of him, this fae prince. He can sense a hunger beneath the wild curls of emotional memories that matches his. But rather than embrace it, the other stallion runs from it. Aela must know it is there too of course. He understands now her interest in Obscene in a way he hadn’t before. Already this trip is proving as useful as he’d hoped.

A slow smile spreads across his lips.

Through it all, he can see the fae’s suspicion. He doesn’t know why Reave had come, and that bothers him a great deal. To Reave’s delight, he asks outright. The red and white stallion throws his head back and laughs at that, genuine mirth rumbling from his throat. It is Aela’s staple move, to toss another’s worst memories and emotions back at them as she seeks to plant them firmly beneath her hoof. She might even have used it on Reave if he had not proven her equal in that respect.

Restless, Reave moves closer, the wicked grin still on his lips. He wonders if Obscene would find his nearness uncomfortable, close as he had come. When he finally replies, his voice is little more than a soft murmur, “You are terribly suspicious, aren’t you?” His grin widens, eyes gleaming with his reckless humor. “If it will make you feel better though, I can assure you that Aela and I are little alike in that regard.” He tilts his head then, mouth only a few inches from the bridge of Obscenes nose. “If I want something, I will simply ask.”

Which is true enough, though that does not mean that Reave would not use the vast wealth of knowledge he has accumulated to make his case. It is his ability to ferret out that knowledge the Pampas Prince should find questionable.

reave

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene - by Reave - 07-01-2021, 11:43 AM