• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    It was one thing to keep his mind and feelings hidden beneath his snappish words to those that didn’t know any better. It was nearly impossible when it came to the likes of Aela and Reave. Partly it was his fault for revealing so much, for not smoothing himself quicker. However he doubts it would have mattered given the delight in the bony stallion’s eyes and the amused huff he gives in response to his “uncaring” question. Obviously he hadn’t known they were related and he doesn’t bother now to wipe the irritation from his face. It was pointless when Reave had already seen so much.

“She does have quite the extensive family doesn’t she?” He finally states flatly, recalling that first night he had met her and how she had immediately threatened him with her family. It seemed she had made good on her word after all and it only makes his hatred (and somewhere deeper, a thrill of pride that she defied him after all) intensify. And then another thought comes to mind, that if Aela and Reave were siblings… Aela and Cheri must be related as well. She had never told him… But surely she must know. A dark resentment begins to settle itself somewhere in the deep pit of himself where the snake lingers and begins to writhe in acknowledgment, its tongue darting in and out as it tastes this feeling. Remembering it.

Burying his bitterness and confusing emotions regarding the onyx and green mare, he settles himself into his scathing amusement and retreats further into the biting armor of his callousness as the other begins to laugh. “I’m quite certain she has and will do so again.” Well, Reave certainly wasn’t wrong about that and it makes the black stallion smirk and snort with self satisfaction in remembrance “I would expect nothing less from her.” He says smoothly, his stony exterior and smugness firmly back in place. It makes it much easier to match Reave’s insolent manner as he responds in kind. “Oh of course. And I do look forward to it.” And he means it, truth in every word.

It would be remiss to let Reave leave now empty handed and he expects Aela would not be pleased if he didn’t at least do something with this opportunity before him. “It is good to hear you consider us friends. Aela was under the impression that Nerine was a considerable ally. Of course I was “suspicious” but hearing it from your own mouth has done much to alleviate my doubts.” Of course he has twisted Reave's remark to his own liking but since he wouldn’t mind an alliance with Nerine and Aela had spoken highly of her brother and his abilities before, the words come out truthfully enough.

obscene

@Reave
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene - by Obscene - 07-29-2021, 01:36 PM