• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    It is easy to meet Reave’s savage smile with the charming one of his own, pure and true that plays along his lips. Something flickers in the depths of red, the serpent sensing blood of a different nature as Obscene grasps what he wants and attempts to take it. “Aela has much free reign and I consider all of her advice. ” He admits to her brother, watching him carefully as he senses for signs behind the bones. “But I do not share her hatred of the North. And she does not rule here.”

He pauses for a moment, letting his gaze fall amongst the sea of wildflowers around them. Petals fluttering in the breeze, a peaceful and idyllic place. Aela was counting on the beauty of the flowered hills and the rather easygoing nature of his rule and tendencies for debauchery to keep “unwilling guests” as residents here. Aela was many things, things he both loved and despised. It’s what makes their sex life so interesting, what keeps him hooked and coming back for more. However, this was not the first time that someone had implied that it was Aela calling the shots when it came to the Pampas. And he was getting rather sick of correcting them, was growing sick of being seen as a puppet instead of one of the masterminds. 

“I have no intention of holding back your sister.” He finally says, although he doesn’t look at Reave, his thoughtful gaze still on the beauty before him. “Her ambition is admirable but dangerous. For her and all those she includes in her schemes.” And here he looks back to the bone stallion, a slight frown darkening his features. As he thinks of what he had not been able to protect her from and what that might mean for the future. And of what might be coming regarding the seeds of distrust she had sown in the South. What that might mean for Cheri as well, a thought he's not entirely comfortable with.  “It is my wish for... “friendship” between us and Nerine. Not the whole of the North. Just Nerine.” He pauses to see what Reave will think of this. He was called “Guardian” after all and regardless of what Aela had implied, he was what he was. Just as Obscene was what he was when it came to the Pampas. Just as he could not shred the responsibility to those that called it home the moment he had dusted off the crown and fit it snugly on his head.

There is a moment then, a spark of an idea, one that he thinks even Aela would be proud of. “Besides, Nerine does not have to always be a part of the North, does it?” He murmurs quietly, his gaze firmly trained on Reave. Just as the Pampas did not have to stay a territory of the South if they put a mind to it. 

obscene

@Reave
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene - by Obscene - 08-02-2021, 02:52 PM