• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature]
    Gale wakes beside the water, and as he rises to his feet the blood flakes off of him like snow. Not his own blood. Mazikeen's, Sickle's, a yellow eyed weanling's and his dam's.

As a lion, he bathes in the river, and laboriously cleans the last of the rusty stains from his coat until he is gleaming and gold from head to toe. Lightning dances along his skin, blue and delicate, and he breathes deeply of the cool autumn air. He yawns and looks to the sky, where the sun is reaching its zenith.

While he had slept his magic has been replenished, and he snaps the neck of a squirrel climbing a tree just because he can. Gale laughs. It is good to start the day properly, and he's still chuckling as he returns to Hyaline in the blink of an eye.

Mazikeen is there waiting for him.

Good, he thinks, perhaps she is prepared to make up for how disappointing she had been last night. The memory brings a frown to his golden face, and he shifts to a horse as he draws closer to his grazing alpha.

Mazikeen's sides are whole, leaving no sign of the child that Gale had ripped out of her in his fury. He touches her there first, then along her back, neck, and finally presses a kiss to her cheek.

"Did you see the present I left you?" he asks, referring to the severed limb. She doesn't seem to be crying, and he hopes the reminder will upset her.

Anger her, maybe even enrage her.

He licks his lips in anticipation.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature] - by Gale - 06-28-2021, 11:00 AM