• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature]

Gale finds her, and Mazikeen knows this is a constant. Her memories of him are conflicting, enough that she is not sure which of them - if any - are real. But it does not matter either way. He is here and that’s what she knows. He is always here. He has permeated every thought of hers for the last few years. Hatred to love to a confusing blend of the two.

For the first time, she looks at him and feels nothing. Recognition is the only thing to pass through her eyes and if he did not come closer she would have forgotten he was there and continued to graze.

But he does come closer and she falls still, chewing slowly. His touch elicits no response from her. If her skin twitches, it is simply because he has traced over a sensitive spot. She turns to him as he speaks with a blank expression. A present? It takes her a moment to think of the remnants of their child, and when she does the only thing that shows on her face is understanding.

No grief, no anger. Not even a sarcastic roll of her dull eyes.

“Oh, yes.” She says and then she follows it with a hollow “Thank you.” Not because she feels any gratitude but simply because she remembers that this is something you say to someone after they have given you something.

And then she turns away from him, lowering her head again with the intention of filling her stomach a little more.

m a z i k e e n .

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature] - by Mazikeen - 06-28-2021, 01:41 PM