• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i trust my life to ghosts, any

(and it's harder than you think)
    telling dreams from one another

The cold no longer bites against him as it once did.

Winter here is still the harshest that he has known (though the only other ones he has known had been in rocky and hazy Taiga). But after years on the Isle, Nashua knows where the best spots to seek shelter are, where to weather out the blizzards. He knows what corner of this frigid land is the first to welcome spring and where winter will continue to cling.

He moves to the Southern fringes of his kingdom, a point that makes the travel to Nerine or Taiga easier, and it is where he stays in favor of more tolerable weather.

She is not the first visitor to his Isle, but each arrival always seems to surprise him. Some could be attributed to Ciri, who seemed to bring another back for each trip she took the mainland. Some came seeking the former Freyr, Leilan (a dragon and a Magician), and some seemed to be seeking the isolation of their small island. This newcomer glints in the sun, an iridescence that reminds Nash of the fresh ice that forms each winter.

His green eyes glance to the path of new-fallen snow behind her and where it settles around her, like a frozen pedestal.

"I've never seen Winter come this way," the pegasus says, stopping a respectable distance from her. His mother's kin had been full of stories - about stormmakers and windwalkers, about stars made mortal and Gods who walked amongst dreamers - and so while he half-smiles, it isn't hard for him to believe that she might be a blizzard given flesh. "Nashua," he introduces himself (and leaves enough of a space for her own name) before asking: "What brings you to these shores?"

NASHUA

@camellia i know this is from a million years ago but i wanted to get something up <3
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 06-30-2021, 11:51 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:04 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-08-2021, 02:55 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:15 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-09-2021, 06:48 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-12-2021, 08:31 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-14-2021, 05:18 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-24-2021, 11:09 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-25-2021, 01:10 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 10-02-2021, 06:09 PM