• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

The disbelief that flickers across Nashua’s face hurts more than the weaving of mending bone and flesh. She knows he isn’t arguing with her, can see the realization the moment it settles on his expression. When he takes off without finishing the process, she doesn’t blame him for that either. As she watches the striped pegasus fly off, she barely registers the dark stallion taking his place. Instead, her focus falls on the words in her head given by a familiar voice. Her metallic gaze finds Leilan and she tries to grab this rope he has offered her, this little thread of hope and reassurance. Deep down she knows he’s right, that she couldn’t have known this would happen. But had the signs been there? Had the thing wearing Gale’s face been there this whole time? Had their friendship ever been real?

It hurts to much to think about so she turns her thoughts back to her legs which finally snap back in place, intact and littered with scars, just as she had requested. She doesn’t thank the strange black stallion and he does not offer any words to her, speaking to Leilan briefly and then disappearing in the portal the scaled man provides. As Leilan assists him, she shakily begins to stand and finally manages to do so long after Obscene had left. There is a ghostly ache around her forelimbs, a remembrance of being broken and splintered, that makes her limp slightly as she moves closer to the former Freyr and comes to lean against him, still exhausted from the trauma of the day and the heavy blood loss she had suffered. She did not know Leilan as well as she would like but she doubts he will mind this small intrusion in the scheme of things.

For a moment she is quiet before asking, “Will you stay awhile?” Nashua had not told her in detail of what quest Leilan had been on that inspired the handing of the land over to him but with everything that was happening now, she hopes the scaled stallion will linger a little longer. There is another pause and then she murmurs quietly as the anger begins to seep back in, no longer having the pain to distract it.

“How do we stop him?”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Leilan

Messages In This Thread
    If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Ciri - 07-04-2021, 12:55 PM
    RE: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Ciri - 07-24-2021, 12:02 PM