• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you know i never forgot

Because it loves misery, he says, and a cold chill shudders down Noel’s spine. He had been confused at first, her words stumbling and unclear. But when their son’s name left her lips, a stillness had come over him before the rage settled. In that moment, Noel finds a small measure of comfort. Comfort, because she knows he would do everything in his power to see their son brought back.

She doesn’t say anything at first, his words halting on his tongue as he tries to find a way to explain years worthy of history in only a few short breaths. She doesn’t say anything, but she does press forward, sorrow in her dark gaze as she presses her lips to his skin. Noel has never pushed for his secrets. She had always known he would tell them when he was ready. But now - now he is not ready, and still he spills them for her.

The pale pegasus has no ready words of comfort for him. What does one say to such a revelation? So she offers him the only thing she can, the comfort of her touch, her acceptance. Whatever this affliction is, he may fear it, but Noel does not. Death has never frightened her.

But when he tells her to take their children and go, Noel immediately withdraws, head already shaking her refusal. Her eyes lift to find his, near black clashing with vibrant green, determined stubbornness written in every line of her body. “The children are safe,” she says before he can argue further. “I brought them to the deepest shadows of the Taiga. They will be protected there.”

She doubts even Gale, whatever he is, would find anything in those trees if they did not wish to be found. The silent, scentless creatures that dwell there are not something any sane horse would threaten. She almost shudders at the thought, though she knows they would never harm the residents of these woods.

She presses on, her voice now adamant, brooking no refusal. “I will go with you.” She pauses, her gaze drifting over Nashua’s weary form, a faint note of concern threading her implacable features. “I refuse to run and cower.” She presses her lips to his cheek then, every bit of the love she hasn’t been able to speak out loud in that touch. “I won’t leave you to shoulder this burden alone.”

- noel

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    you know i never forgot - by Nashua - 07-05-2021, 05:28 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Noel - 07-07-2021, 11:43 AM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Nashua - 07-14-2021, 05:32 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Noel - 07-23-2021, 02:06 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Nashua - 07-25-2021, 02:05 PM