• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  when it falls in place with you and i
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

She comes when he calls, and even though her lack of participation in the hunt baffles him, some off the irritably flared feathers in hs golden tail begin to smooth when she obeys.

After the invitation he takes another mouthful and happily crunches the keratinous fins that had once grown from Kypria’s sides. Lost in his meal, the creature does not notice Mazikeen is not feasting beside him.

Only her voice - casual, disinterested - clears the bloodlust away long enough for him to pay attention.

She is not eating.
    They do not match.
    She is still not acting like herself. Like her better, Gale-manufactured self.

All of these are causes for the low growl that rumbles from his throat, but the Curse does not have words for why this bothers him.

He does not move from where he crouches over the horse, one clawed forepaw on her well-gnawed hindquarters. He recalls his earlier plan - fetch her the heart - and cann0t remember why he’d want to give such a valuable morsel to such a sullen and disinteresting creature.

She is neither burning nor destroying.

What use is she?

He growls again, and turns to face the black dragon with a bloody face. That is all the warning she has, and then he’s launching himself toward her, biting and slashing at any part of her that he can reach.

@Mazikeen

current appearance:black utahraptor

Messages In This Thread
    when it falls in place with you and i - by Gale - 07-05-2021, 09:21 PM
    RE: when it falls in place with you and i - by Gale - 07-06-2021, 02:16 PM