• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  when it falls in place with you and i

If only he had managed to carve out this stubbornness along with the rest of her, if only it wasn’t so ingrained inside of her she would refuse to eat while her stomach complained and while she was with the only one who would understand her new taste for flesh. All because he had turned away from her and she couldn’t figure out how to ask why while her anger fumed inside her.

He doesn’t answer this latest question either and her mood darkens further until she thinks she might never say anything again just out of spite.

But when his growl comes, when she catches that small warning, a corner of her mouth twitches upwards. Yes, finally. Mazikeen relishes the chance to fight him, to fight anything. This time, she does not allow him to knock her over without a fight and she twists her dark, glowing body to vent her frustration on the cause of it all. She is all rage now, there is no room to be confused about why he had stopped himself from hurting her further in Hyaline only to attack her now. Mazikeen shifts, growing into a larger dragon that catches one of his hind legs in its jaws and tears a vicious chunk out of his thigh, swallowing it greedily.

She is bleeding too, becoming a patchwork of black scales and open wounds, and for a while she does not feel the pain. She doesn’t feel anything at all except for the flickering dark fire eating her from the inside.

Until it becomes too much to ignore, until the wrath begins to fade enough that coherent thought slips in - tells her she needs to stop this fight before she becomes just like the other mare. Or maybe she should just let him continue to slice pieces of her away until there is nothing left. See how far his desire to keep her forever really goes.

Mazikeen’s just as frustrated with herself as he is, her not-quite-there-heart unaware of how to deal with the hurt.

Before she can even really think about it, the fight and pain have cleared her head enough to ask the exact question that’s been gnawing at her. Why did you turn away from me back in Hyaline?!” She roars at him, emotion returning to her voice as bits of him drip down her jaws - her glowing markings are red from where blood has splattered across them. Mazikeen’s eyes are wild as she tries to pin him, tries to force him to answer her. And if he doesn’t this time, maybe she’ll bite off his head and see how long it will take him to grow one back.

m a z i k e e n .

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    when it falls in place with you and i - by Gale - 07-05-2021, 09:21 PM
    RE: when it falls in place with you and i - by Mazikeen - 07-06-2021, 04:12 PM