• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i want you around when it falls into place | mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

It is weak of him, but he believes her.

“Forever.” he repeats, and the heart that he did not have until he loved her pulses within his chest.

Once they are both satisfied, Gale does not fight her efforts to keep him close, and rolls onto his back so she might rest on him, and the danger of exposing his belly never even crosses his mind. He is growing complacent, but he is so deliriously happy that he doesn’t even care.

“No more death,” he promises, and really only means no more of her deaths. He will die, but he is no longer certain that she will kill him.

She might, but perhaps she might not.
    Things change.
    The Curse certainly has. Two living hearts beat inches from its mouth, but he’s not even paying attention to them.

His focus is elsewhere, on the way he uses the proximity Mazikeen had demanded to caress her. He sinks deep into the heat of her crimson-orange gaze, glassy-eyed and drunk on the way she feels and tastes and sounds.

“I love you,” he confesses as they come together a second time, and this time lacks the desperate reunion of the first. This time is slow, because the soft needy sounds that Mazikeen makes are muffling the Alarms at the confession - the realization - of this truth.

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i want you around when it falls into place | mazikeen - by Gale - 07-07-2021, 10:40 PM