• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they say nothing good happens here when midnight rolls around; any
    The boy is laughing, and Malik’s face turns up in a matching grin. He is a happy child by nature, and the worried feathers that had risen along his crest start to settle again. The starlight glitters in their iridescent black depths, and the soft sliver of moon overhead is just enough to reveal that the stranger is a colt no older than Malik himself.

“Yeah it’s pretty deep up there!” He replies with a nod. He’s going to say something else when something flies between himself and the thin moon, and Malik falls quiet.

The griffon has said nothing, but Malik calls him a ’Spoilsport’ for the reminder of caution that his parents had given him. He’d been hopeful that his companion would sleep while he sneaked down to the lake, but there’d been so such luck.

“Do you live here too? My mom said there’d be other kids here soon but you’re the first one I’ve seen other than Anath, and she’s only here because my dad let me keep her.” Malik is rather talkative, and he hopes that the other boy will come down from the rocks. He looks different (and for a boy whose parents cannot choose shape that is significant) and Malik is intrigued.

@Raum*

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they say nothing good happens here when midnight rolls around; any - by Malik - 07-27-2021, 09:23 PM