• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The arrival of their son and the necessity of occupying Bolder have crept into the time he’d once had with the orange-eyed mare, and he is occasionally jealous enough to consider killing them both. He hasn’t - he won’t - because Mazikeen doesn’t want him to, and that is reason enough.

The snowy alpha has captivated the creature that runs his sharp teeth along her pale spine, just as she had captivated the first consciousness that inhabited this skin. Her orange eyes are so bright they seem to glow, and her pale sides are bathed in the fiery glow of her impressive antlers.

He can smell the blood on her lips, and smiles at the image of her pursuing the deer. Keep the fleet footed she’d said once. Or maybe thought.

Gale has trouble telling the difference these days. The telepathy that he’d taken from the yellow-eyed mare had been difficult to learn, and he’s only ever had Mazikeen to practice on, and he finds her so fascinating that he listens and Listens to her near-constantly. He very rarely Hears anything at all, but that doesn’t stop him from trying.

Had he known how narrow this makes the veil between his mind and her own, Gale might have been more cautious. Once substantial, he has chipped away at it with his glittering blue magic, drawing ever nearer the growing orange core of her mind.

Restless?

He is content to spend more time as they often do, enjoying the security of the Entity’s barrier in exactly the way that Mazikeen had intended to, growing every more familiar with Mazikeen and becoming ever more blue.

Hhe stands taller at the shoulder just as in their equine shapes, just tall enough that he can drape his neck across her and nibble at the blood red smear along her upper lip, the one that melds with the crimson V of her marking.

The low purr that rumbles through her glistening fur causes it to glitter in the bright moonlight, and Gale admires the effect with delight for only a moment. He is focused instead on using his teeth to gently trace the line of her neck down toward her shoulder, gentle, but but the promise of danger were he to only press a little more firmly. This is not a shape that he has seen before, and he traces the long muscle and thick sinew of her cervid shape with languid caresses.

His heart begins to beat more rapidly, but he attempts to keep his movements slow. At least for the time being, so she’s feeling more receptive to the way he presses against her, the way he pushes aside the last of intangible magic that separated their minds.

He feels no different, and is thinking of very little. Only that she is beautiful and marvelous and that he can think of a great many things to keep her busy tonight and how much they'll both enjoy them.

She’ll hear the thoughts as though they are words in his voice, though his lips are kissing the back of her hip. She'll feel the desire that courses through him in a way that is far more genuine even than the way he can emotionally project it.

But his single-minded focus (on moving slowly) leaves him entirely unaware of this unexpected magical development.

@Mazikeen

current appearance:iridescent mostly navy blue elk with glowing cremello stripes/markings and blue lightnings,
    white spinal mane and tail, white wings, red V-shape on left wing, black tentacle antlers

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM