• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Her skin brightens beneath his touch, and he knows she’s irritated before he meets her eyes. Gale cannot hear her thoughts, but the ripple of her anger warms his black heart and strengthens the shadowy core and the magic that seeps out from it.

Gale smiles, even when she mentions hiding, even though her voice is sharp and cold. He suspects nothing until she mentions Islandres. When she does, the smile slips from his face. How had she known?

He replays the last few moments in his mind and is sure he’d said nothing aloud, certain that he’d said nothing of the possibility in the past. He withdraws, taking a step back and all his magics with him, shielding himself from whatever is happening as best as he can and returning to his natural shape.

“How did you know that?” He demands, his lightning eyes narrowed. “I didn’t say anything about...How did you… I...” He is still bothered by what she’d said earlier though, at the implication that hiding was a sign of weakness.

She’s never been hunted before, he reasons. She doesn’t know what it’s like to truly Die. There are some deaths that one cannot Heal from, at least for Curses with no corporeal form, and his death in Loess had been one. Only the interference of a god and Monsters from another realm had returned its sentience, had reassembled the consciousness that now resides in the brindle stallion where Gale had once dwelt.

Once she feels the sting of permanent death, perhaps she will understand. It is better to hide and survive than die in the effort.

She will have a permanent death rather soon if she does not explain her knowledge, he thinks. Has she betrayed him? Has she stolen his thoughts to use against him, to kill him when he is least expecting it?

“Are you reading my mind?”

@Mazikeen

current appearance:natural horse form - iridescent mostly navy blue stallion with glowing cremello brindle
    stripes/markings and blue lightnings, white spinal mane and tail

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM