• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

She becomes a horse as well, and the ease with which she does it does not draw a smile like it once had. Instead he frowns - has she been responsible for the strange sensations he has felt? Has she used his thoughts to manipulate him? Has she been changing him on purpose?

It is something he has done - made her darker, colder, better, but hadn’t considered her capable of the same.

And…
    Well…

Perhaps she isn’t capable after all. She seems only puzzled, suggests he’d been the one to cause it. The paranoia is gone as quickly as it had swept in, but the source of confusion remains. He has no thoughts he would not share with her, but the sudden sense of vulnerability still rankles at him.

Gale does not move closer, and instead looks out at the glittering lake and the full moon it reflects, lost in thought. Had his efforts to read her mind backfired somehow? With impossible timing, she asks the same thing he considers. Gale shakes his head.

“I can’t.” That bothers him, his frown says. “I’ve been trying, but I hardly get anything.”

He has been trying, and she seems to have managed it without trouble. Perhaps he was responsible, but it seems impossible that he wouldn't have learned the skill himself before somehow giving it to Mazikeen. Magic rarely makes sense, he reminds himself, but he is still frowning. His worry has returned, and this time he is unwilling to look at her and make it disappear. 

"Do you still plan on killing me?" The words sound lighter than they feel, and he slowly matches the stars in the lake to their source in the sky rather than meet Mazikeen's gaze. 

@Mazikeen

current appearance: iridescent mostly navy blue stallion with glowing cremello brindle
    stripes/markings and blue lightnings, white spinal mane and tail

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM