• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Mazikeen becomes a lioness, and his hooves become blue paws with claws that flex in the rocky soil beneath them. Shifting with her has become a reflex, and the mention of a hunt to his now-predatory shape brings a sharp-toothed smile to the navy lion.

There have been many hunts in the two years since he’d come to Hyaline, and they’d increased in number since Mazikeen had joined him. The herds of deer have been thinned out as she’d teased, with only the swiftest daring to graze in the mountain meadows. Those nearby will be on edge, and imagining the fear in their eyes when they realize the hunters have returned elicits a purr from his throat.

“Let’s go,” he says, his thoughts of running and armies and danger replaced by the pumping adrenaline that comes before a hunt.

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM