• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when I'm losing my control, the city spins around
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

He drifts through the air as a Hyalinean raven, his pastel green feathers blending well with those of the companions among which he flies. The flock circles Bolder a few times before Gale swoops down from their midst and lands on a rock near the chestnut boy.

As he lands, his coloring changes, becoming a deep iridescent navy streaked with glowing cream. A continuous line of white runs from the top of his beak to the end of his feathered tail, pale as the snow on the mountaintops above.

Even in spring, the snow never fades from the highest peaks.

The flock of ravens moves on, no longer guided by the creature that perches on a granite boulder at eye level to the young Taigan.

“Have you flown as a bird before?” he asks, recalling the elation that Gale had felt when he’d first taken the shape of a creature meant for the skies. The boy might like that, he thinks, might enjoy it so much he’ll want to stay in Hyaline to learn more.

It is strange to use tactics other than violence to sway someone, Gale thinks. The Cursed creature tilts its head, and remembers the promise to Mazikeen as he draws in the extended sharp claws he could so quickly place in Bolder’s throat.

Patience.
    Bolder is more useful alive than dead, Gale reminds himself, and it is often fun to shift with him. Those two reasons outweigh the soft rumble of hunger in Gale’s belly but it remains in his too-bright blue eyes as he surveys the larger golden creature with ravenous interest.

@bolder

current appearance: pastel green raven -> mostly iridescent navy blue raven with glowing cremello stripes/markings
    and blue lightnings, white stripe from beak to tail, white wings, red V-shape on left wing

Messages In This Thread
    when I'm losing my control, the city spins around - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 08:11 PM