• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when I'm losing my control, the city spins around
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The dark entity that inhabits this blue body has no shape of its own. Its very nature is mutable, and it has clung to this particular family for how readily they take to shifting. The ability to transform is in their very blood, and as hosts it has had few better.

Bolder would be a good candidate too, it muses, watching the boy change from one sea creature to another. The white patches of their white markings gleam almost skeletal beneath the murky water, a sight that pleases Gale.

He clicks back at Bolder when the boy communicates as a whale, unsure why the boy had stopped, and though the sound is far different, they communicate as clearly as spoken words: “That was a good shift; you’re getting faster too.”

Then he’s moving, heading toward the surface of the lake. Bolder will follow, he assumes.

He breaks the still surface, leaping into the sky in a glittering arc of water, before crashing back into the water.

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when I'm losing my control, the city spins around - by Gale - 08-14-2021, 06:46 AM