• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when I'm losing my control, the city spins around

Bolder floats nearby, gliding closer out of curiosity towards his uncle. He turns upward slightly, angling his body closer to the bigger whale. But he stops his roll, following Gale's request that he stay still. A silver eye stays on the dark navy creature hovering above him, as his uncle looks down at him.

The sensation that follows is far odder than the feeling of sinking into the depths of Hyaline's lake. It is far more foreign than the slippery skin he is now wearing. Bolder doesn't know how to describe; it is like getting lost in thought and not remembering what had been distracting in the first place. There is a fog (a darkness) that hovers over his mind, his thoughts, and even his emotions; the murky lake they swim in suddenly becomes more obscure.

There is a faint glow - something no longer a part of him - and Bolder watches with distant interest as it becomes swallowed by the lake.

You'll be better now, his Uncle pronounces. This is what Bolder had wanted. He wanted to learn how to shift, to prove to his father that there was nothing wrong with it. He wanted to become an able one, a competent and capable shifter that was a credit to his talented mentors. Focus, Gale says next and so Bolder tries to imagine something like Mazikeen and Gale. Something fantastic, something his mind wouldn't have dreamed on its own.

The tawny orca - for a brief moment - becomes something larger. His fins grow larger and back ones emerge. The tail becomes larger and shark-like, like a creature he once saw washed up on a Taigan beach. His jaw grows thing and long while the predatory teeth in his month become more pointed. Gale's Power seeps into Bolder, making him take a shape that he has never become nor would become without his Uncle's help.

And that Power spreads into the shadowed parts of his soul, filling him with the want to be this great.

@Gale

[Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when I'm losing my control, the city spins around - by bolder - 08-27-2021, 11:44 AM