• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could I be the only one still waiting
    Asterope doesn’t seem upset with Sickle for entering her pond, which soothes away those worries. It is easy to find a smile when her friend returns the embrace - and, at least for a little while, neither of them are going to be alone. The thoughts of Malik and her father that make this iridescent girl want to sink fade away into the back of her mind, soothed by the presence of someone who understands maybe exactly what she’s going through.

The weight will be waiting for her when she inevitably needs to climb out of this pond and leave, but that feels like a far away thought right now.

If her sisters look just like Asterope, Sickle assumes they’ll be easy to find. How many bodies of water in Beqanna could there possibly be? It would be an adventure to check them all, sticking her head under the surface to see if there are any pretty fillies hanging around.

Her tail moves slowly beneath the surface, keeping her afloat, but seeing the way Asterope moves her wings gives Sickle an idea and some iridescent fins grow from her shoulders and fan out beside her and she finds this helps with her buoyancy. Rather proud of this, Sickle is grinning too when her friend mentions she hadn’t thought about her sisters thinking about her and a reply is quick to come. “Who wouldn’t think about you? I did.” It’s an easy confession, her mismatched eyes bright as she says it before she tips her head up and falls backwards to float on her back, looking up at the canopy.

She's thinking about how this is a dark place for a father to leave his daughter, but as she lazily moves her fins she asks instead “What colour flowers do you want me to bring you next time?”
    SICKLE

@asterope

Messages In This Thread
    could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 07-23-2021, 07:47 AM
    RE: could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 10-03-2021, 11:13 AM