• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could I be the only one still waiting
    Sickle doesn’t notice the way Asterope’s smile is touched by sadness, she’s far too distracted by the warm feeling in her heart at the quiet confession from her friend. And it is effortless to reply with one of her own as her mismatched eyes are soft to match the tone she uses. “I’m glad I found you too.”

The whole truth feels much bigger than those words but they are nonetheless true. Whatever other turmoil in Sickle’s life, she is so glad she has Asterope.

After her question, a soft laugh escapes Sickle when Asterope disappears - presumably to go scope out the depths of this bond. She waits instead of joining her friend, still feeling like she should ask first (even if that had been the next question), though she does lower her head beneath the surface to watch - noticing the way her glow brightens underneath the water as the light from the sky becomes muted. Cool blues, purples, and teals reflect on the plants and bubbles and Sickle focuses on this for a few seconds when she cannot see Asterope for a few seconds.

Movement in the depths catches her eye again as she’s playing with her tail and she marvels at the chance to see her friend actually swim.

It was a tragedy that she was stuck in this one pond but there was no doubt that her friend was made to exist in the water.

Her head emerges from the surface and the smile that’s already bright in her eyes increases at the one she sees on her friend’s face. And then, finally, Sickle actually asks what she should have just asked all along.

“Can I look?”

SICKLE

@asterope

Messages In This Thread
    could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 07-23-2021, 07:47 AM
    RE: could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 11-30-2021, 09:55 AM