• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Something glitters between Obscene’s long ears, bright and glowing and unfamiliar. Gale would like to have it, but for now he simply watches it curiously until the dark-eared horse answers.

The words are pointed, and draw the brindle’s attention back to Obscene’s glittering red eyes. The Curse has valued its survival above all else for too long to suffer from over-confidence, regardless of what abilities its host might possess. It had once been killed by a woman with feathered wings and feelings after all; there are better metrics than tricks and magics when it comes to Power and those to be wary of.

Is Obscene someone to be wary of, he wonders?

He lives in the southernmost land, the one with wildflowers. That is all Gale had garnered from Aela’s visions of him other than his appearance. He seems very confident, and certainly looks smug, and Gale quickly discovers he’d been right about other intentions.

The smile is a response to the rhetorical question that Obscene poses, as well as his pleasure at being recognized as something that is not quite Gale anymore.

Aela’s title - Seneschal - isn’t one he’s heard before, but from the possessive before it and Aela’s coldly logical mind, Gale quickly surmises that this is the Prince of the Pampas, the one some say is Fairy Touched. He’d long wondered what type of creature would lie with a woman as treacherous as his host’s youngest sister, and it seems only fitting that he is something supernatural.

So. The answer to the earlier question of if he should be wary is a resounding yes..

“I would suggest you keep them on tighter leashes.” He replies, but the image of Obscene attempting to restrain Aela in any way amuses him enough to further weaken him, and Gale’s smile begins to thin. He retains the horns and his forelimbs, but it is a near thing, the rest of his shifting slipping away.

He’s killed with hooves before, he reminds himself, and its not as if Obscene would attack first. Not unless Gale goaded him. It would be unwise, he thinks, but the words remain at the edge of his lips as he waits for a reply.

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse - by Gale - 08-02-2021, 09:21 PM