• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Lately I've been so disconnected
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    When he leaves the Pampas this time, his wandering is with purpose. It is Reave that he seeks in Nerine, the young bone-clad stallion who had unintentionally (or perhaps it had been intentional) made an impression with his riddling questions and hints of the future. He hadn’t cared before when it came to his life and how it would end. But now, it was different. Now there was a magician who ruled the lake and ate hearts and magic. Now Aela was delving into dangerous waters, now Skandar called the Pampas home… Now he had seen what he was at his core in a land beyond. Now Cheri was a Queen.

The answers are just out of reach, what it all means. What he should do about any of it.

If he should do anything at all.

He suspects Nerine’s Guardian might be able to reveal what he seeks, what he needs to know. It's just a matter of trust, if he can trust the boneman enough to believe him, if he can decide that there is truth in the riddles and visions of beyond. Just as Reave had once brushed past the invisible borders of the Pampas, he does so now as he crosses into the seascape lands. The glittering gold accents along his shoulder and face glimmer in the late afternoon sun and join with the bright glint of the fresh constellation patterned across his chest as muscles ripple beneath his flesh with each step taken further into the territory, his dark crimson gaze searching for the familiar splotched figure of skeleton and horse.

He doesn’t expect to see someone else entirely instead. A bay and blue stallion with watery wings, the one that had offered him warmth in the Isle's festival when he had been but a lowly mortal nothing. “Crowns?” He asks, genuinely surprised as he stops beside him with a grin breaking on those once frowning lips.

obscene

@crowns
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]
    CrownS
    He remains mostly uninterested in the politics of those around him. Instead, Crowns keeps himself busy with matters far from Beqanna. He falls asleep watching the birth of new stars or the slow decay of planets that once hosted flourishing civilizations. The young magician basks in the impossible heat of suns in their prime without hardly a care for the mundane goings on of Beqanna. But he returns each morning, to his family and to his friends. Even in the infinite reach of the galaxies, there is only one Sabbath or Varick. His siblings remain irreplaceable and so he is sure to greet the new day with them.

Today he returns in a column of fire that always signals his arrival. (He’s yet to learn the art of subtlety despite his efforts.) His skin still sizzles with the heat of a withering star when he looks over his shoulder to see who has called his name this time. Crowns offers him a grin and spreads his dripping wings as he hurries closer to circle Obscene and take in all the new wonders his body now possesses.

Oh, has it been that long?” he muses, still excitedly looping ‘round his friend. “I heard you thinking of me but I get so distracted, you know.

The little fox-fire orbs teeter on their axis when he finally comes to a stop before the visitor. His wild blue eyes find Obscene’s and he is still grinning as wide as can be.

What brings you to Nerine? How have you been? Tell me everything!
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.
    @Obscene
    The grin that finds his dark lips is perhaps one of the realest expressions of self he’s ever had. It had been too long since he had seen the young stallion with his watery wings, who had told him of dark ventures and warmed him with his orbiting flames. The first taste of friendship he had ever tasted and one that had settled pleasantly into his cold and lonely bones. His glittering red eyes watch the way Crowns circles lazily above him like a dripping vulture and he snorts with amusement at the comment of distractions. “I see how little I mean to you.” He says with mock indignation, the smug smirk twisting his lips into something more familiar.

The other finally lands beside him and he finds his unsettling blue eyes with his own darkening ones. “I came to find Reave but that can wait.” He responds honestly enough, pleased enough by this change in his day that he allows it to show on his face. “I didn’t know you were here or I would have visited sooner.” The thought crosses his mind that perhaps he should steal his friend away from the coast. Surely the bone-clad man would understand a visit between bros. And if he was convinced to stay then Aela could perhaps fiddle with her brothers temper.

As for everything? He quickly catches Crowns up on his rule of the Pampas, the day he had woken up as Fae, his conquests with Aela, and everything in between. And as for his recent brushes with death? “I jumped off a cliff because some wild girl convinced me to. For some reason I thought of you.”

obscene

@crowns
    CrownS
    A laugh tumbles easily from his lips. In the corner of his mind, though, he wonders if he should take a break from practicing his magic to attend to the needs of his friends and loved ones. Perhaps. His new children will be born soon and they’ll require close attention, he thinks. Maybe Obscene will have young of his own for the twins to bond with.

Oh? Find Reave for what purpose, I wonder?” he asks with a tilt of his head. There is mischief in the grin that overcomes his face then. He hopes there is some sort of trouble to be caused, some irons to cast into the fire, and he shifts his weight as he prepares to hear his friend’s stories. Crowns is thrilled to hear news of Obscene’s ascension both as a ruler and a Fae, to say the least; but he is overjoyed when his friend says he leapt off a cliff.

It sounds like something I would try before I learned to use my wings. I’m envious of your near death experiences,” he admits with a chuckle. “I’ve mostly been napping and learning just how hot a fire can burn. I’d love to show you some time.

He turns then to survey his home and the cliffs in the distance. There is something dark coiling behind his eyes as he thinks for a moment, but then his smile returns as bright as ever.

So what are your plans for the Pampas? A nice retirement home? A place to house your harem?
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.
    @Obscene
    There had been something about Crowns that had pulled at the Prince during that long summer night on the Isle and it pulls at him now, his chuckle easily following his friend’s laughter. Was it his unperturbed approach to death and darkness or was it something else that had captured the onyx and gold stallion’s attention? Something to do with that pleasant heckling at a dull party that had led to his first tastes of unexpected friendship. Another who had seen something in him that he, at that moment, hadn’t seen for himself.

As for Reave? “Just the usual political bullshit, I won’t bore you with it.” He says with a spark in his red eyes. It wasn’t the exact truth but he didn’t want to burden the bay and blue stallion into the mess he had found himself in regarding the thing within him, Aela, Gale, and their incredibly wide-spread family. Perhaps he would give the golden Seneschal the nickname of “Bunny” next time he saw her since her entire family seemed to fuck like them. He can already imagine the many pleasant and distasteful ways she might erupt at that and he grins a little wider, pleased by the thought and momentarily forgetting his irritation with her.

Of course Crowns reaction to his free fall off the cliff is exactly as he thought it would be and he laughs again with a shake of his head. “Turns out she had hidden a pair and didn’t think to loan me some.” He rolls a gilded shoulder with a small shrug. “I’d like that. You know fire’s more my thing anyways.” He says with a devilish tug of his lips, wondering what exactly his friend had gotten himself into this time.

There is a moment when Crowns looks over the peaceful coastal landscape of Nerine and he lets his gaze travel as well, missing whatever darkness is lurking behind the other’s eyes. He scowls mockingly at the teasing remarks made by his companion. “Nerine is much more fitting as a retirement home. I think I’ll start sending over all the old folks I can find so they can pinch your cheeks and tell you what a nice boy you’ve become.” He says with a flick of his gold threaded tail, amusement lingering along his handsome face. “The Pampas, however, holds only the most beautiful and powerful although I didn’t come up with that tagline.” He throws a look at Crowns, mischief gleaming in his wine-red eyes. “You would fit right in. Surely Reave wouldn’t mind if I stole you for awhile so you can see for yourself.”

obscene

@crowns

OOC: Obscene is attempting to steal his best friend from Nerine for a six month visit so he will remember to visit more often Tongue

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

Reave is not the most devoted of creatures. Even so, he manages to keep abreast of the things that occur in Nerine. He is usually content to leave the residents of this land to their own devices. After all, most of them had not come here for want of close supervision. And Reave doesn’t care to give it.

But whispers of theft are something he doesn’t care to ignore. It’s a touchy subject for the bone-armored stallion, though perhaps a bit hypocritical of him. Still, it draws him here. He had seen it unfurl, one of so many possible futures that had come to light the moment he’d noticed the fae prince on the moors.

A part of him had expected the visit, a return for the one he’d paid to the south. But Obscene had found Crowns first. Reave hadn’t cared to intervene. Not at first, at least. But now, as he drifts lazily across the heathered hills, he draws invariably closer to the pair. They would see him coming now, of course. He doesn’t try to hide it.

He doesn’t need to hide it.

“And here I thought we were friends,” he drawls as he slows his leisurely approach. He flashes a smile at the gilded stallion, blue eyes glinting behind the glowing bone masking his features. “Surely you would need only ask, if that were truly the case.”

He glances at Crowns, amusement drifting across his features. Looking back at Obscene, Reave continues with a shrug, “Of course, I don’t own Crowns. He can do as he pleases.” He tips his head, eyes now sharp, lips lifted in a humorless smile. “You’d be far better served asking him.”

reave

Reave is blocking this steal  Angel