• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Lately I've been so disconnected
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    There had been something about Crowns that had pulled at the Prince during that long summer night on the Isle and it pulls at him now, his chuckle easily following his friend’s laughter. Was it his unperturbed approach to death and darkness or was it something else that had captured the onyx and gold stallion’s attention? Something to do with that pleasant heckling at a dull party that had led to his first tastes of unexpected friendship. Another who had seen something in him that he, at that moment, hadn’t seen for himself.

As for Reave? “Just the usual political bullshit, I won’t bore you with it.” He says with a spark in his red eyes. It wasn’t the exact truth but he didn’t want to burden the bay and blue stallion into the mess he had found himself in regarding the thing within him, Aela, Gale, and their incredibly wide-spread family. Perhaps he would give the golden Seneschal the nickname of “Bunny” next time he saw her since her entire family seemed to fuck like them. He can already imagine the many pleasant and distasteful ways she might erupt at that and he grins a little wider, pleased by the thought and momentarily forgetting his irritation with her.

Of course Crowns reaction to his free fall off the cliff is exactly as he thought it would be and he laughs again with a shake of his head. “Turns out she had hidden a pair and didn’t think to loan me some.” He rolls a gilded shoulder with a small shrug. “I’d like that. You know fire’s more my thing anyways.” He says with a devilish tug of his lips, wondering what exactly his friend had gotten himself into this time.

There is a moment when Crowns looks over the peaceful coastal landscape of Nerine and he lets his gaze travel as well, missing whatever darkness is lurking behind the other’s eyes. He scowls mockingly at the teasing remarks made by his companion. “Nerine is much more fitting as a retirement home. I think I’ll start sending over all the old folks I can find so they can pinch your cheeks and tell you what a nice boy you’ve become.” He says with a flick of his gold threaded tail, amusement lingering along his handsome face. “The Pampas, however, holds only the most beautiful and powerful although I didn’t come up with that tagline.” He throws a look at Crowns, mischief gleaming in his wine-red eyes. “You would fit right in. Surely Reave wouldn’t mind if I stole you for awhile so you can see for yourself.”

obscene

@crowns

OOC: Obscene is attempting to steal his best friend from Nerine for a six month visit so he will remember to visit more often Tongue
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Lately I've been so disconnected - by Obscene - 07-29-2021, 12:58 PM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by crowns - 08-20-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by Obscene - 08-23-2021, 04:36 PM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by crowns - 09-08-2021, 08:20 PM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by Obscene - 09-09-2021, 02:46 PM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by Reave - 09-10-2021, 11:56 AM