• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i was looking for a way out
    mazikeen
    Mazikeen lands beside Gale, her gaze captivated by the creature they are watching eat. The tail that dances behind it, the way a secondary mouth juts out now and then - punching easily through the ribcage and bone - it is a fascinating display.

He asks her what she thinks it is, but there is no word that comes to her that can possibly describe this creature. Well, not a name for it at least. She knows what it is to her and she tells him with a growing, wild grin. “It looks like a challenge.”

When she catches his thoughts about this hunt being for her, when she realizes he is waiting for what she wants to do, she wishes she had been a little more thorough in her greeting. Appreciation courses through her and she shifts to bump her hip against him. But she does not let herself get more distracted than that, her gaze remaining fixed on the armoured one. It would be all too easy to let it slip through their claws, to just tangle themselves on the mountainside and find something else once they were done

And it is tempting but Mazikeen unfurls her wings instead and takes off from the bluff where they had landed. She circles around the feasting monster once before dropping. Just as she gets close to the ground, she shifts into a black utahraptor and hits the ground running. This is what she had been on their first hunt together and she has a feeling these claws might come in handy.

She’ll be thrilled if it will take more than one shape to take this creature down.

Mazikeen has not yet hunted something that does not run and again she feels a thrill, again there is a pulse of excitement through her when the horned head turns away from its meal and to the approaching intruders. The creature roars and Mazikeen roars back as she charges and the beast meets her. She leaps when she gets close enough but this is a formidable opponent, not prey, and when Mazikeen lands on the armoured back, her hip is sliced open by that prehensile tail - bathing both of them in her blood and feeding the frenzy all the more.

For the first time in a long time, she feels the white fire of her anger begin to rise up and take over her rational mind. It meets no resistance now like it has in the past and Mazikeen changes into a creature of rational thought to one blinded to everything else, even Gale.

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-31-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 12:01 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-01-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-03-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-04-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-05-2021, 08:13 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-09-2021, 08:23 AM