• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i was looking for a way out
    mazikeen
    Rational thought is slipping away from Mazikeen, along with any irrational thoughts that might appear as well. She sees Gale in her periphery, battling with the tail that had just sliced her hip, but she does not currently comprehend who he is. Competition is the word that her feral mind gives her - but for the moment they seem to be on the same side so she does not strike out at him yet. She will, once this kill occurs, She will not suffer anyone else.

But even these thoughts are not truly present - she is nothing but a blazing inferno, completely and utterly lost to the hunt and the instincts that drive her. The creature hisses as it is attacked by the pair, that thick tail whipping and wielding its dangerous blade chaotically, trying to slice at both the beast upon her back and the one trying to rip off that tail.

It is not in Mazikeen’s nature to dodge blood and so she does not think to do so now when the liquid sprays out from the wound Gale creates near the base of the creature’s spine - hitting them all. But this is not normal blood, it is concentrated acid. She cries out as it eats away at the flesh of her neck where the droplets fell and she falls away from the side of the creature. Multiple shapes roll across her skin but there is no relief, not even in the hard dragon-scales of the horse-sized black dragon she ends on.

And when the armoured creature sees the dragon, its fury doubles and a terrific roar echoes into the growing darkness. It remembers past meals taken by such creatures, remembers the hearts gone untasted.

It wrenches itself free and twists, snapping its gleaming silver teeth at Gale - not forgetting him or the danger there either. Its tail is still intact but there is pain in the movement now, the chaotic whipping now more measured and slow. Mazikeen does not even acknowledge her mate, king, competition - whoever he is to her at this moment. Her eyes are a deep blood red and fixated on the challenge as she regains her footing - her skin still smoking from where the acid fell. Through the pain, through the fire, she notices the reaction to this shape and flares out her scaled wings as a taunt, and Ripley launches at her in attack.

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-31-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 12:01 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-01-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-03-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-04-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-05-2021, 08:13 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-09-2021, 08:23 AM