• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i was looking for a way out
    mazikeen
    Frustration blooms in her already seething mind when the fight she was ready for does not come. The creature lunging for her shrinks as it does, until it is pinned beneath a yellow claw, stabbing at the offending dragon. All Mazikeen can do is watch for a moment, startled almost to the point of waking from the waking nightmare she is caught within. But it does not take long for conscious thoughts to slip away again - her tail switching irritably behind her tugs at her wounds, the pain causing the fire to swallow her completely once again.

She does not notice how the now-small beast tries to scamper away in its own rage once it is free but is caught and held still.

Her eyes are locked on the gaze of the other dragon. She doesn’t see that it is Gale - she simply sees the only living thing in this area that can satisfy the hunger inside of her for both flesh and a fight. But still no true thoughts work their way through the inferno, no decisions. Mazikeen simply stares at the dragon she cannot find the name for at this moment before she lunges. For her right now, he is not the one she has fallen in love with twice over. This is not a body she knows intimately, that she has carved from blue to cremello and back again with touch and talon and tooth.

The bright yellow and white of his shape are unfamiliar to her. So he may as well be a stranger. There is no recognition in her face, she's blinked forgotten entirely both herself and him. He is still hers right now but not in the way she is so fond of whispering to him in the darkness as they stake their claims on each other.

There is only the anger, fuelled by each movement of her neck as her skin stretches the acid burn.

No roar escapes her, not even a snarl - she is silent. This is not the impassioned fire that fuelled her when he killed her the first time, that made her fight right until the poison had consumed her. This white-noise rage burns cold, the now blood-red of her eyes unfocused even as she pins him to the ground to take the first bite. The red of what she takes from him cascades down her body past the actual drips, her scales now matching the blood until she is all one colour.

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-31-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 12:01 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-01-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-03-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-04-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-05-2021, 08:13 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-09-2021, 08:23 AM