• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ghosts and devils come calling; Malik

As the other boy follows with eager steps, Vital presses as far into the tree as he physically can. He’s still not entirely certain the older colt wouldn’t decide he is a snack again. His eyes dart between the stranger and the creature behind him. To his immense relief, the griffon starts nibbling at the feather’s at his side rather than following the other colt closer.

Luckily for Vital, Malik seems to accept him at his word and offers his own name in response. Though, considering his next words, he couldn’t relax even if he wanted to. He tries not to flinch when Malik gestures at him, seemingly unfazed by the thought of his mother eating whoever this Anath is.

Of course, considering Malik’s first reaction was to ask if he is a snack, Vital supposes maybe it isn’t strange to him at all.

Swallowing hard, Vital nods again. “I… guess so,” he agrees uncertainly. He had never tried to camouflage himself on purpose, but he would do it if he had to. And since Zephys hadn’t followed him, he could be sneaky enough. Glancing quickly around, he quickly double checks that Zephys hadn’t followed him and is relieved when he doesn’t see his twin’s familiar form.

As Malik fires off two more questions in rapid succession, Vital drags his attention back to him, eyes widening. “Um,” he starts with a frown, fiery eyes crinkling. “I don’t know Raum.” His frown deepens. “And I’m not sure.” His ears flick nervously as he glances to the sky shrouded by leaves. With a wince, he adds, “Not faster than a dragon.”

vital

@Malik

Messages In This Thread
    ghosts and devils come calling; Malik - by Vital - 08-02-2021, 12:15 PM
    RE: ghosts and devils come calling; Malik - by Vital - 08-27-2021, 11:25 AM