• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  between the sand and stardust
    The answering voice comes from overhead, and for a moment Moira thinks that the sun itself is answering her.

It turns out that it is the sun answering her, but one that is far closer than the distant orb in the sky. Moira cannot see him, not with the brightness behind him, but she recognizes Helion’s voice instantly.

The sun doesn’t care, the distant pegasus says, but she can hear the smile in his voice even across this distance. The smile doesn’t do anything to cool her down though, and even her delight at so quickly finding Helion does nothing to diminish her discomfort. Her mouth is too dry to form a comfortable reply, and when she smiles back at him she feels her lips crack.

The clouds of red dust that herald his arrival are met with a dull sort of disbelief (this terribly dry and dusty place is where Helion calls home?) and Moira is too shocked to really look at him. Not until he mentions cool water and springs and the coast does she really snap back to herself and meet his eyes.

Helion is smiling, and his silver eyes are brighter even than the sun that silhouettes him and highlights the new curl to his shining horns. Moira suddenly feels much dirtier, and is all the more grateful for the invitation to water.

The young grulla mare nods enthusiastically (if a little delayed) to Helion’s offer.

“Yes please. I didn’t expect it to be so warm here.” The springs were near the coast, he had said, but Moira is not quite sure where that is. She looks at Helion - up at him; he’s grown taller than she is sometime since they’d last met - and she feels the warmth of his presence right down to her very bones.

Moira smiles, and when she says: “I’ve missed seeing you,” she means it. “Now show me these springs before I dry up and you can’t tell me from these rocks.” A flick of her finlike tail toward the pale and piled stone accentuates her joke, and the humor dancing in her purple eyes is much brighter than the discomfort from moments before.

She still doesn’t feel quite good yet, but at least she has Helion here now, and he makes her feel much better.

@[Helion]

Messages In This Thread
    between the sand and stardust - by Moira - 08-04-2021, 02:02 PM
    RE: between the sand and stardust - by Helion - 08-14-2021, 04:18 PM
    RE: between the sand and stardust - by Moira - 08-21-2021, 06:32 PM
    RE: between the sand and stardust - by Helion - 08-24-2021, 08:11 PM
    RE: between the sand and stardust - by Moira - 08-28-2021, 06:14 PM
    RE: between the sand and stardust - by Helion - 09-02-2021, 07:29 PM
    RE: between the sand and stardust - by Moira - 09-25-2021, 08:30 AM
    RE: between the sand and stardust - by Helion - 09-26-2021, 04:21 PM
    RE: between the sand and stardust - by Moira - 09-30-2021, 07:38 PM
    RE: between the sand and stardust - by Helion - 10-25-2021, 06:32 PM