• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lonely in the cold nights, maze
    mazikeen
    “Oh, I mean it.” Mazikeen tells him with a grin that's hollow to the core, her sharp teeth flashing once again. “Maybe your mother should’ve just let me die, then none of this would have happened.” Not their friendship, not anything that had been born after the eclipse had ended. Mazikeen does not blame Ryatah in the slightest, but it is too easy of a shot to take that she cannot resist it. Twisting herself further and further from the friend that Selaphiel had made and feeling like she can breathe a little easier with the difference.

She is pleasantly surprised when Selaphiel doesn’t back down again, when he meets her gaze and even takes a step forwards. This bravery is not as sweet as his fear, but it’s certainly more interesting. Is there a spine there, under all that ice?

“I’ve always wanted to be stronger than I was. My motives have just changed.” Before, Mazikeen had wanted power and strength so she could protect others from the darkness, from monsters, from whatever came at them. Now she wanted to be those things. Gale’s dreams of chaos are rooted inside of her, clinging to her bones in the shadows he left behind. And that’s the real truth - she isn’t herself anymore at all, she is just an echo of him but she does not yet care about that distinction.

Messages In This Thread
    lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Selaphiel - 08-12-2021, 02:24 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 08-15-2021, 11:16 AM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 08-25-2021, 08:56 AM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 08-31-2021, 05:31 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-10-2021, 07:01 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-20-2021, 08:42 AM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-25-2021, 02:18 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 10-03-2021, 03:08 PM