• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the less I know the better
    so don’t forget to love me in damnation
    For the living i have earned on love gone wrong
    There is heat radiating outward from the center of her chest, she can feel it.
    But it does not burn as she suspects heat of this nature should.

He had been thinking about the sun, he says, and she knows that because she had heard him but there’s no way he could have known that so she doesn’t roll her eyes and snap at him the way she might have snapped at Ennis. Like, obviously. So she just closes her eyes because the light is getting to be too much even when she’s not looking directly at it and it’s hot but it’s not burning.

But it begs the question of who’s responsible for this sudden development if he’s not.
    (Too young to understand the way magic can manifest, the way things can change even when you don’t ask them to. This magic works even without her asking it to. In fact, she will never be able to ask it to and it will never ask her for permission. It is more affliction than gift and it always will be. But she will have to learn this the hard way.)

So he had been thinking about the sun, she’d heard him, and all of a sudden she’d begun to burn clean through with sunlight. Just like that. She draws in a steadying breath, trying not to panic.

Will she be stuck like this? Will she be forced to live out the rest of her days as some kind of miniature sun? She shakes her head, drawn back to the present only by the boy’s question and she forces open her eyes again.

He has taken a step closer and she frowns, tilts her head, marvels at the way this changes the way the light bends away from her. “You’ve never seen it?” she asks, only momentarily distracted from her predicament by the strangeness of his question.

I’m not as bright, but… yeah, I guess this is what it’s like.
    anaise

@Nemeon

Messages In This Thread
    the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-14-2021, 12:48 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-21-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-22-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-30-2021, 01:39 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-05-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-06-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-09-2021, 03:09 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-09-2021, 08:25 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM