• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the less I know the better
    NEMEON
    Her question surprises him - it’s not something anyone else has asked him yet. Nemeon is quiet for a moment, his golden eyes watching her carefully, debating on whether a lie or the truth would be kinder. In the end, though, he has not taught himself to lie well enough for it to matter - so he replies with the same genuine honesty that he had used when he told her he had not seen the sun at all, giving a small shrug with his leathery wings “Yes. But I’m getting used to it.”

He doesn’t want to tell her how sometimes his lungs turn to stone before his head and there is a very small moment where he feels like he has been buried alive.

Or how if he pays too close attention, he can feel the way his skin dies as the stone spreads across him or how he always worries if the tips of his wings turn first they will snap off.

Or even how every single morning, he is never absolutely certain that he will wake up again so his first breaths in the evening are always ones of relief.

None of these thoughts pass through his lips, though they pass through his mind when he asks her something to try to distract himself from these uncomfortable feelings. “What colour did it glow?” Was it red, or something else entirely?

@anaise
    Nemeon is radioactive
    Those that touch him may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions.
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to his blood.

Messages In This Thread
    the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-14-2021, 12:48 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-21-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-22-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-30-2021, 01:39 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-05-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-06-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-09-2021, 03:09 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-09-2021, 08:25 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-19-2021, 05:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-25-2021, 12:10 PM