• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the less I know the better
    so don’t forget to love me in damnation
    For the living i have earned on love gone wrong
    She is caught in the current of his thoughts.
    Green blood and nausea, the itch of being pressed too close to his twin. 

She blinks at him but thinks better of asking him to elaborate. She does not know what it means to be radioactive, to cause harm with only a touch, and she wonders if he has inherited this thing from his mother. There is no way of knowing, she thinks, without trying to touch him. 

(Though he thinks himself a threat and she supposes this is answer enough. If he were to bleed, maybe his blood would be green, too.)

But she does not feel compelled to turn tail and run. She has always been brave to the point of recklessness and she edges a bit closer instead. She could tell him that she’s not afraid of him, what he could do to her even without meaning to. She could expose herself, the fact that she can hear all the things he keeps private, if it might make him feel better about the things he is.

But she does not get the chance. Because she catches his wish and the moment it seeps into her psyche all of her light blinks out. She is plunged back into the cold of the season, plunged into the dark of the night, and she glances down at her chest in surprise. And she is just Anaise, standing there in front of him, throwing no glow at all. 

Huh,” she mutters and glances up at him. 

It dawns on her as she squints at his face, struggling to see through the sudden darkness. 

Wish something else,” she tells him, bracing herself. 

anaise

@Nemeon

Messages In This Thread
    the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-14-2021, 12:48 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-21-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-22-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-30-2021, 01:39 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-05-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-06-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-09-2021, 03:09 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-09-2021, 08:25 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM