• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the less I know the better
    NEMEON
    So wrapped up in his hope that this wish could come true, Nemeon is blindsided by how it actually manifests. He watches with wide eyes as familiar wings sprout from the filly’s sides and she turns into the mirror image of himself. And then sunlight - which he recognizes now because of her - illuminates her version while he stands across from her in the dark.

Nemeon is torn between wanting to run and wanting to step forward, wanting to touch his skin that coats the filly and know what it would feel like in the sun. The true horror of this moment, the cruelty of it, does not fully set in. He’s not even really seeing Anaise anymore, not in that moment where they were  a couple of new friends. He’s too busy staring at her with wide, tear-filled eyes - not even daring to blink as he takes in his daylight-self. How that invisible light glints off of the gold on his skin. Skin and not stone.

She breathes under that light and it is so unfathomable to him.

He does take a step even though he knows better, even though he should stay as far away as possible. Her gasping words snap him out of his trance and Nemeon stops his nose from inching forward. He visibly recoils from the desperation in her apology and the shattering of his hopes as reality crashes in and he remembers he is not seeing just some vision but that there is a girl beneath the illusion.

It helps that she was not doing this on purpose but he still aches.

Nemeon turns his head away, unable to stand it anymore. He can’t form words but two warring wishes are racing through his mind with this hurt - I wish she’d stop and I wish she’d leave.

@anaise
    Nemeon is radioactive
    Those that touch him may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions.
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to his blood.

Messages In This Thread
    the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-14-2021, 12:48 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-21-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-22-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-30-2021, 01:39 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-05-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-06-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-09-2021, 03:09 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-09-2021, 08:25 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-19-2021, 05:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-25-2021, 12:10 PM