• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I don't know what you've done to me

Movement catches her attention but it’s not what she had been wishing for. There isn’t a wave as Gale approaches her in a rush, she isn’t shoved beneath the surface until she blacks out. She doesn’t feel the brush of his feathered limbs against her skin as they make up yet again for time lost. She catches the movement a short distance away, knowing instinctively that it’s him.

And she moves without thinking, pulled forward by that gravitational pull. At first, it doesn’t bother her that he did not go to her - glowing in the dark water she was hardly invisible. She’s not thinking about that, only the relief at seeing him again. Always and forever she will not tire of the moment when his eyes focus on her.

“You’re back.” And she doesn’t hesitate to go to him, because that habit had died out when he had pulled her apart and pieced her back together. Why should she hesitate around him ever again? He is hers and she is his. She moves through the water towards him, her horns disappearing and she aims to brush her muzzle against his cheek to greet him.

Their telepathic bond is hazy but that’s nothing new - she’s been trying not to use it when unnecessary. Still, something feels… off and she pulls back to ask quietly. “Are you alright?” She’s thinking about how he didn’t come to her, wondering if this is punishment for killing him after she said she wouldn’t. Not out of nowhere, not without him knowing for months or years ahead of time that it would be coming.

Now comes that hesitation, awkward and unsure and annoyed by the rush of this uncomfortable feeling she thought was in her past.

m a z i k e e n .

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    I don't know what you've done to me - by Mazikeen - 08-15-2021, 10:43 AM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Gale - 08-15-2021, 04:37 PM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Mazikeen - 08-15-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Gale - 08-16-2021, 07:08 AM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Gale - 08-17-2021, 07:11 AM