• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I don't know what you've done to me

Mazikeen is frowning when Gale tells her he is not alright and her expression slips into one of pure shock when he introduces himself. She barely hears the rest of what he says through the roar in her head as she stares at him, wondering if this is some kind of joke.

Had the Curse grown bored with her, with the version of happiness that they had found together, and was now seeking to hurt her again? After everything?

She rejects this idea, unable to comprehend how she could possibly not be enough. Each breath brings her closer to the rage that got them into this mess. Her not-quite-heart is trying to break and finding that there is nothing there to fracture. Her fire aura flickers around her for a brief moment, the markings on her skin blooming to life even as she tries to steady herself. It would be so easy to tear him apart again, chum the water with iridescent pieces, but she keeps this idea in the back of her mind. Forces herself to think, to ignore the flow of thoughts from his mind - the ones that confirm that Gale thinks he is younger than he really is.

The ones from a life before the alliance, before Islandres, before her.

The silence stretches between them before Mazikeen finally utters a furious “No.” Lying to him would be simple, but the Curse needs to be in there somewhere. Maybe she can draw it out, maybe she can get him back.

Mazikeen gets her answer to the question of whether she would try to kill him like a punch to the gut as she looks into blue eyes that hold no recognition. Never. She never wants to be without him, without it. It has only been a few moments and this is already too much. How can she still miss him when so many pieces of her have been scattered throughout this past year, when she was sure this feeling was beyond her?

Some attempt is made to soften her voice when she continues, but she just turns the fire to ice instead. “You’re here, in Hyaline, of your own free will.” 

She doesn’t know what else to say after that because she can’t, she won’t, introduce herself to him again.

m a z i k e e n .

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    I don't know what you've done to me - by Mazikeen - 08-15-2021, 10:43 AM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Gale - 08-15-2021, 04:37 PM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Gale - 08-16-2021, 07:08 AM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Mazikeen - 08-16-2021, 09:11 AM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Gale - 08-17-2021, 07:11 AM