• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I need a reason to keep on living in the city
    Kirsi found herself alone in the jungle today; her sister was a much more silent type and although the palomino-and-blue girl hadn’t ever bothered, she still missed her ever-present someone to talk to. But her twin had insisted on going on alone today for some reason, and so the normally chattering girl had found a parrot to talk to, instead. For a while, that was all very well, but when it started to get repetitive, she moved on to talk to herself and the trees.

”I wish papa was here,” she mutters to herself. It’s a change from wanting Kukka around, she figures, but not too much. But her father, when he didn’t take to wanderlust, hadn’t been himself since that day when he’d come home all bruised and battered. Somewhere out there, she has a half-brother and sister, but the twins whom had been planted in their father by some wicked god, had never bothered to find their elder siblings. ”Perhaps we’re too normal for them,” she tells an interested-looking red frog; but the creature croaks and bounces away. ”Hmm, not interested then.” she sighs, and moves farther along the trees and jungle vines. Mother had said a mare named Leliana had grown about half of this forest, and Kirsikka always smiled a little with the idea of a plant magician with a name that was so similar to liana. She had yet to meet her, however.

Kirsi picks up her step, determined to make something of her day that did not involve whining about being alone. She was an adult now, and she could have fun outside hanging with her family! She bucks and jumps over more colorful frogs, then laughs, the sound tinkling through the forest when they seem appalled by her taunting little jumps. ”Yes, I am appalling,” she giggles and then trots on in a much better mood. Now, what else is there to do today?

Her head bounces left and right until she finds a spotted mare, about to turn to the deeper forest. Hey, a new friend! ”Hi there!” Smiling widely, Kirsi approaches her with a beaming face. She notices the wings - feathered ones, that will work in the dark unlike mother’s, she figures. She halts then, though; surely she should give the mare a change to speak first. How long had she been here, she wonders suddenly - she hadn’t seen the frogs, had she?

[Image: de1gll9-2009cd4d-df1a-49b0-9b85-daec1372...JHmD1ocZ3M]

@Tantalize

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I need a reason to keep on living in the city - by Kirsikka - 08-26-2021, 08:30 AM