• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I need a reason to keep on living in the city

tantalize

I make excuses to stay away from home

I'm looking for an answer in my heart

I'm looking for a fresh start

I need a reason to keep on living in the city

She had thought the laughter spilling through the dimly lit jungle was simply a figment of her imagination, a troubling symptom of languishing so long amongst fern and vine with only herself and the jungle creatures for company. She is in mid-step when she freezes, hearing a rather cheerful voice calling to her from the undergrowth. Slowly she places her hoof back to the forest floor and turns her russet head, sharp golden eyes catching the young palomino with the beaming grin on her face.

Had she once been like that when she was younger? Bright eyed and full of naivety and innocence? She thinks so but it had been such a long time ago that she can’t remember. Despite her age, she is still a beautiful creature and she quietly prowls over to the girl, curiosity glimmering in the depths of her golden eyes. The only true sign of her years can be seen up close where a soft gray creeped along her dark muzzle and the hollowness of her gaze that spoke of seeing far too much.

She had turned her daughter away despite the gentle push Bardot had tried to give her. She remembers the name of the territory she had claimed as her own, a vaguely familiar name that she had heard before. She realizes that even if she was to leave this jungle, the world had moved on without her and she was lost in this new age. But perhaps this one might be able to help her. If she did decide to step out of this jungle that is, she was still wavering on such a monumental task. “Hello.” She finally manages in a surprisingly pleasant voice despite the rough raspiness of a throat not use to talking. Her dark wings still pressed tightly to her sides, she hesitates, then presses on despite her uncertainty. Pushing her emotions and feelings deeper, a skill that comes back to her as easily as one might recall riding a bike, she smoothes her expression into something a little more regal. “Tell me, child, of the world outside of the jungle.” A pause. “Please.” She adds as an afterthought, still shaking off the rust as she slowly begins to come back alive.

@Kirsikka

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I need a reason to keep on living in the city - by Tantalize - 08-30-2021, 11:30 AM