• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I need a reason to keep on living in the city
    Kirsi is a carefree child in that moment, free from the nightmares that will come later - she will follow her mother, like her twin, not to another land but to a common land - but also free from the more common burdens of life, like love, or lack thereof; like loss and sickness. Up until then she has had what some would call a perfect life but she finds it somewhat lacking. Perhaps it’s just because she hasn’t met many others outside her family. Even the current king and queen are related to her to some degree.

But this mare moves with cat-like steps and a purpose behind her eyes, even though she is a total stranger. She is one of the many who claim a home in Tephra but rarely come out to play. She is one with history; similar to auntie Solace and Kag. Similar to her own mother, sometimes, and sometimes not (Kirsi has only known her as she is now, complete with the memory loss, but sometimes after a night’s sleep with auntie Kag she remembers stuff, temporarily).

But she has forgotten, too, in a way it seems. The blue-marked girl smiles a little, then shrugs. ”I’m not so well-travelled,” she starts, and figures that perhaps she should be, at her age. ”What would you like to hear about? There was the sun disappearing not too long ago, but it’s back now. Haven’t seen monsters since.” she offers, for starters. In fact it is most everything she knows. Well, that, and that Tephra is not at war with any other kingdom.

@Tantalize

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I need a reason to keep on living in the city - by Kirsikka - 09-21-2021, 10:48 AM