• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're not alone, I'm standing right beside you

Agetta feels relief when Garbage joins her, when there does not even seem to be a hesitation. She may have understood if he lingered, but she had her preference on the answer to that unspoken question. And then she listens as he answers her question - her curiosity sparking when he mentions a kingdom she knew once. “I was from the Gates, I visited the Deserts on occasion. Diplomatic missions and such. I wonder if our paths ever crossed.” It was a nice thought, though she remembers so little from those days. Time has eaten away most of her memories, that must be back when she had met Kensley. Buried beneath the years and the memories that had followed.

It is odd to remember now and then that she had been a queen once, though that means so little now. There is no fame associated with that title (and if there were, she’d shy from it). She just became part of the history, just another piece of the landscape while the younger generations moved around.

She had not thought Garbage looked old enough to remember those kingdoms, but Agetta is glad to meet someone else who remembers that time.

They walk side by side, black and white down the line where surf and sand meet. She keeps a slow, meandering pace - it won’t take long to get to the part of the beach she is aiming for and Agetta is enjoying his company.

To his question, she nods - a smile quick to form. “I try to, it’s nice to see my grandchildren.” But then more troublesome thoughts seep in too, and she voices them without really considering whether it is an overshare - her expression turning troubled. “My daughter Mazikeen was expecting too, but… well I’m not entirely sure what happened, but there wasn’t a baby when I visited in the spring last year.”

AGETTA

@garbage
    [Image: Agetta-by-Star-smaller.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're not alone, I'm standing right beside you - by Agetta - 08-22-2021, 09:09 PM